Server 3.0.0-rc1 to be released MAY 23, 2011
by Florence on May 20, 2011
On Monday, May 23rd 2011, TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.0-rc1 will be released. We are proud to announce that this is RC1 or "release candidate 1" of the TeamSpeak 3 server which represents a significant milestone in our development process, and symbolizes the result of many hours of hard work, feedback, and dedication from both our dev team and alpha testers. Hence, similar to the recently released RC1 client, the RC1 server also introduces a number of updates and changes.
A complete changelog follows:
+ Added feature or noticable improvement
- Bug fix or something removed
* Changed or Information
! Important - Take note!
=== Server Release 3.0.0-rc1 23 May 2011
! mysql users, please alter your table channel_properties and
extend the "value varchar(255)" field to varchar(8192)
! mysql users, please alter your table bans and
extend the "ban_name varchar(255)" field to varchar(2048)
! server uses now 10 database connections (sqlite and mysql)
! added new parameter "dbconnections" for defining max database
connections to use (1-100) default is 10
! i_group_auto_update_type values changed
* channel permissions got their own needed/power permissions instead
of using the group labeled ones
* renamed i_client_modify_power > i_client_permission_modify_power
i_client_needed_modify_power > i_client_needed_permission_modify_power
i_client_max_clones > i_client_max_clones_uid
+ added new parameter "disable_db_logging" which turns off logging
to database (logview commands wont work anymore)
+ added the TSDNS server to the server installer. Read the documentation in
the "tsdns" subfolder for details
+ added permissions i_channel_delete_power, i_channel_needed_delete_power
+ added permission i_group_auto_update_max_value
+ added permissions i_client_needed_whisper_power and i_client_whisper_power
that determine who can whisper to whom
+ Added total bytes transfered by filetransfer to serverinfo, hostinfo and
+ improved permission add/delete performance
+ channelgroupaddperm, channelgroupdelperm, servergroupaddperm, servergroupdelperm added
optional parameter "continueonerror"
+ uploading and deleting of icons will be logged if filetransfer log is enabled
+ added some indexes for speedup lookups regarding servers.server_port and messages.message_flag_read
+ added permission b_virtualserver_change_template
+ serveredit and serverinfo command can be used with use 0 to modify and display
virtualserver template values (serverinfo display is different from normal output!)
+ added server property VIRTUALSERVER_HOSTBANNER_MODE:
- fixed bogus mysql create script for channel_properties
- default groups cant be permanent anymore
- removing double group assignements on server start
- fixed problem where multi-line client descriptions where stored in database
- fixed query gave out wrong error messages
- fixed permreset did not remove icon_id assignments
- fixed double assigned permissions where deleted completly
- fixed channelmove / channelcreate not checking b_channel_create_child and i_channel_needed_modify_power
- fixed sql parameter errors while inserting defaults.sql
- fixed not removing privilege key on channel deletion
- fixed snapshotdeploy would fail on virtualserver_max_slots / virtualserver_limit reached
- fixed not checking correct permissions for CHANNEL_FLAG_MAXFAMILYCLIENTS_UNLIMITED,
- fixed not checking notifyregister / notifyunregister permissions
- fixed server critical while using notifyregister=server and multiple queries dropping at the same time
- fixed set channelgroup did not include channel name info in server log
- fixed create subchannel did not include parent channel info in server log
- fixed issue mac osx server uses 100% cpu
- Fixed a bug that could be triggered remotely and would cause the server to
shut down with a critical message in the log file.
Please note this server version fixes a vulnerability that could be used to shut down a TeamSpeak 3 Server remotely, causing the server to stop with a "critical" error log message. Therefore, we strongly recommend you upgrade all of your TeamSpeak 3 servers to the latest server version ASAP once it becomes available.
- TeamSpeak Team
RC1 Released, iPhone/Android Coming Soon!
by Florence on May 10, 2011
We are pleased to announce the release of TeamSpeak 3.0.0-rc1 today. RC1 means "release candidate 1" so this is in fact a major release, which is now available to all users via the client's auto-update feature, or via our downloads page for new installations. RC1 marks the beginning of the end of open beta. This means you can expect TeamSpeak 3.0 Final to be released in the coming weeks.
RC1 addresses numerous issues, bug fixes, and contains several improvements and changes over prior versions, some of the most substantial of which include:
- A complete rewrite of the sound system resulting in improved compatibility, performance, and new possibilities for future enhancements to TeamSpeak.
- New default sound pack although we are still working on the effect filters.
- Basic vs. Advanced permissions system toggle for less experienced server admins (Basic is the default).
- New native plugins, including in-game overlay which displays information regarding which users are currently speaking within any DirectX and OpenGL games. Please note this plugin is still undergoing fixes/tweaks.
For a complete changelog, select Help > View Changelog after installing RC1.
If you experience any issues with TeamSpeak 3 RC1, please report them to this thread in our forums. We will do our best to address issues prior to the Final release, but we need as much feedback from you as possible.
How do I update to RC1?
The easiest way is to use the auto-update feature within TeamSpeak (launch the client and choose Help > Check for Updates from the pull down menu). For new installs you can also download RC1 from our downloads page.
I have run into problems with RC1, is there a way for me to downgrade back to beta36?
Please don't forget to report your issue in the above forum thread first. Then, if you need to downgrade back to beta36 you can do so by following this link.
TeamSpeak 3 Client for iPhone and Android Coming Soon!
We are thrilled at the attention our iPhone/iPod client demo received at the GDC earlier this year. Therefore, we are also pleased to announce that iPhone and Android client development is still in progress, and will also be available for download soon in the App Store or the Android Market. Our goal is to release both the iPhone and Android client when TeamSpeak 3 Final is released.
Here are a few screenshots of the latest iPhone prototype:
Please visit our site often for additional updates. As TeamSpeak 3 Final approaches, we are also going to commit to more frequent Facebook and Twitter updates so please be sure to follow us if you are not already doing so.
- TeamSpeak Team
TeamSpeak to Exhibit at GDC 2011
by Florence on Feb 22, 2011
TeamSpeak will be exhibiting at the Game Developer's Conference (GDC) in San Francisco March 2nd - 4th 2011. We will be located at booth #743 within the Moscone Center. In addition, we are pleased to announce that www.beyerdynamic.com has agreed to sponsor three MMX 300 headsets, two of which we will use for our demos, and one of which we will be giving away (over $300 value) on Friday as part of a random drawing. If you are a game developer and plan to attend the GDC or if you're in town and would like to meet with us, please contact us ASAP to schedule a meeting. We hope to see some of you there.
- TeamSpeak Team
Holiday Greetings & TS3 Final
by Florence on Dec 30, 2010
Hello fellow TeamSpeak communities!
Happy holiday greetings and warm wishes from everyone at TeamSpeak. We want to remind you that our Addons Contest featuring a $3000 cash grand prize and prizes from Alienware, Razer, and Bigfoot Networks has been extended. The new deadline to vote or submit your addon for a chance to win is now February 15th 2011. Those of you who requested more time to work on addons have received their wish so get going and vote on existing addons or submit your addon for a chance at winning the grand prize!
We are also pleased to announce that TeamSpeak 3 is almost feature complete, and TeamSpeak 3 FINAL will be released sometime in Q1 of 2011. In terms of development we are in the process of dotting our last I's and crossing our last T's. You can expect that within the next few weeks we will release a release candidate (RC1). This will bring TeamSpeak 3 one step closer toward Final release and mark the end of open beta.
TeamSpeak 3 features we are currently working on finalizing include:
- A basic/advance toggle mode for the permissions system to help less experienced server admins. The basic permissions mode will be the default startup mode for new server installs.
- An overhauled sound system which features echo cancelation and significant reduction in voice latency.
- A completely redone default sound pack (much higher sound quality, recorded in a studio by a voiceover professional).
- An improved TCP stack which addresses several performance and stability issues for some of our larger hosters.
We wish you a happy 2011 new year and hope that TeamSpeak will continue to be a part of your voice communication needs. Thank you for your continued support.
- TeamSpeak Team
TS Sponsors 12 TeamLiquid StarCraft 2 Opens
by Florence on Nov 16, 2010
Greetings TeamSpeak communities, and particularly StarCraft 2 fans!
We are proud to announce that we are sponsoring the "TeamSpeak TeamLiquid StarCraft 2 Open Series", a 12-tournament event spanning 3 months. Each tournament will have a $200 prize pool and will alternate between European and North American servers. The first tournament is scheduled to launch on November 27th on European servers, with registration opening on November 23th. We will also be providing a dedicated TeamSpeak 3 server for all TeamLiquid users to chat while watching events or playing StarCraft 2.
Connection details will be announced soon on www.TeamLiquid.net.
This is the first long-term sponsorship for any TeamLiquid Open and we are thrilled to be a part of it. So if you're a StarCraft 2 fan be sure to check it out! Further details can be found on TeamLiquid's official news article, which we are happy to see is quickly being filled with pages of positive feedback from TeamLiquid community members.
We want to extend a special thanks to TeamLiquid for offering this opportunity to us, and an advance thanks to any TeamSpeak/TeamLiquid participants. Best of luck..!
- TeamSpeak Team
New Website, Intro Video, and Contest
by Florence on Oct 15, 2010
Greetings to all TeamSpeak communities.
It is our pleasure to welcome you to our new website and introduce our all new Addons website at http://addons.teamspeak.com. In celebration, we are launching an Addons Contest in conjunction with Alienware™, Razer™, and Bigfoot Networks™ where we will be giving away over $7000 in cash & prizes. A total of 3 Alienware M11x laptops will be given away to the top contestants in one of the following Addons categories:
... as well as numerous Razer bundles each consisting of a Razer Lycosa™ keyboard, Razer Carcharias™ headset, Razer Imperator™ mouse, and Razer Vespula™ mouse pad. Bigfoot Networks is also sponsoring several Killer™ 2100 gaming NICs. In addition, one lucky grand prize winner will take home $3000 USD in CASH! For complete details please visit http://addons.teamspeak.com/contest.php.
Last but not least, we would like to invite you to view our all new TeamSpeak promotional video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPT5wMQ-KKA which is the result of community feedback and contributions from various existing customers. Please share and pass it on to your friends. We hope you enjoy it!
Thank you all for your continued support for TeamSpeak.
- TeamSpeak Team