TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.5 Released
by Sven on Apr 23, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.5 of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. This release focuses on improving the reliability and security of several features.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.5:
=== Server Release 3.0.5 23 April 2012
! MySQL users, please alter your table server_properties and extend the "value" field from VARCHAR(255) to VARCHAR(2048)
! privilegekeylist no longer shows groups which does not match i_group_needed_member_add_power and/or i_group_member_add_power
+ added possibility to give a channel password when creating a temporary server password
(check docs for details)
* the following actions will reset client idletime: logview, clientdblist, complainlist, complainadd, talkower grant/revoke
+ clientlist can also show ips (paramter -ip)
- fixed an issue were channel properties saved two times on create or edit
- fixed an issue were clientdbdelete did not delete avatar files correctly
- fixed invalid ident names for virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_block and virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block
(breaks client-side serveredit below version 3.0.6)
Note that a TeamSpeak 3 Client version 3.0.6 is reqired to use some of the new features.
All server providers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.5. As always, simply extract the package file and overwrite all changed files on the server. Please continue to report bugs as they are discovered.
TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.3 Released
by Sven on Mar 19, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.3 of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. This release includes an exciting new feature - temporary server passwords. This allows admins to add additional passwords to their server that expire after a specified amount of time. This is a great way to grant temporary access to guests without having to change the default server password afterwards. In addition, we've added two new privileges to further increase the flexibility of our permission system.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.3:
=== Server Release 3.0.3 19 March 2012
! permissions updated to revision 14
+ added temporary serverpasswords: servertemppasswordadd, servertemppassworddel, servertemppasswordlist
(check docs for details)
+ added new permission b_client_request_talker to control who can request talk power
+ added new permission b_client_avatar_delete_other to allow deleting avatars from other clients
+ ftinitdownload and ftinitupload now show bound ips
- fixed queryclient antiflood bug
Note that a TeamSpeak 3 Client version 3.0.6 is reqired to use some of the new features. A pre-release build can be obtained using our public BETA channel. Use at your own risk!
All server providers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.3 to prepare for the upcoming client release. As always, simply extract the package file and overwrite all changed files on the server. Please feel free to drop us a line in our community forums if you have any questions or feedback.
Thank you for your continued support and for the confidence that you have placed in our products!
TeamSpeak to Attend World Hosting Days (WHD) 2012
by Florence on Mar 6, 2012
We are pleased to announce our scheduled attendance at the WorldHostingDays (WHD) event March 20th-23rd 2012. The WHD event is held annually in Rust, Germany. This convention has evolved into the largest and, for many, the most important meeting of the International hosting industry. We will have a representative attending the event. If you are an entrepreneur or represent a hosting company that is considering adding TeamSpeak to your hosting services to add value, increase your revenues, and penetrate the online gaming market, please contact our Business Development department through our Support Website to schedule a meeting. At the WHD, you can also make direct contact through the VIP.connect feature which is available during the convention and can be accessed on location.
For more information on the WHD, please visit www.WorldHostingDays.com
Hope to see you there!
- TeamSpeak Team
TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.2 Released
by Sven on Feb 29, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.2 of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. This release introduces a completely reworked anti-spam system and several important bug fixes. In addition, we've taken lots of feedback from the community and our many ATHPs to make the global management of permissions easier to use in general. As always, please continue to help us to identify bugs in order to ensure that all things behave as expected.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.2:
=== Server Release 3.0.2 29 February 2012
! anti spam system reworked
- removed virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_warning, virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_kick, virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ban, virtualserver_antiflood_ban_time
- added virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_block (stops executing of commands, no ban is invoked anymore)
- added virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block (prevents from connecting, no ban is invoked)
! mysql users please alter all fields in tables "servers" and "clients" regarding download/upload from "int unsigned" to "bigint unsigned"
+ whoami shows client_origin_server_id (server which the client does belong too)
+ addded servergroupautodelperm and servergroupautoaddperm bound to b_permission_modify_power_ignore (check docu for details)
- fixed empty channeledit command invoked an channeledit message to clients
- fixed query ban message had no line endings
- fixed issue with permlist commands giving not correct error back on an empty list
All server providers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.2. The update process is very simple. Simply extract the package file and overwrite all changed files on the server.
For MySQL users, please refer to our changelog for a list of necessary database migration steps.
TeamSpeak 3 Client Version 3.0.5 Released
by Sven on Feb 16, 2012
The TeamSpeak development team would like to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.5 of the TeamSpeak 3 Client. We got a lot of feedback that helped us to improve our product. Please continue to help us to identify bugs in order to ensure that all things behave as expected. This release focuses on improving the stability of the the TeamSpeak 3 Client with over 15 bug fixes, but also contains required changes for the upcoming TeamSpeak 3 Server release.
Here's the full change log for version 3.0.5:
=== Client Release 3.0.5 15 Feb 2012
* Caps Lock now available as hotkey on Mac
* Minor bookmarks manager layout overhaul
* Adjusted Linux runscript to work better with KDE
- Fixed misbehaving "More" button in All Clients List
- Fixed possible crash when connecting to server
- Fixed chat input field when switching chat tabs and text was selected
- Disable "Show ServerQuery Clients" when adding a bookmark via a ts3server:// link with "addbookmark=<label>"
- Use nickname of default identity when connecting via ts3server://
- Hide empty global "Plugins" menu when no plugin creates a global menuitem
- Display bookmark name in server tab, bookmark name was previously ignored
- Fixed detecting changes in bookmarks manager with new serverquery and soundpack settings
- Add bookmark from ts3server link as last item on first level of the tree instead of subitem of the last folder
- Calling requestFileList in plugins no longer opens file browser window in client (note plugins should use return codes to implement this properly)
- Updater: When autostarting the client, keep the start button disabled to avoid starting the client multiple times
- Escape "&" in bookmark labels when shown in menu
- Fixed issues banning visible client when ban power was set by channel group
- Fixed anti-flood message printed in wrong tab
- Fixed chat tab notification markers when switching between multiple servers
- Newsticker performance improvements
- Fixed possible crash when clicking toolbar buttons while switching servers
- When clicking ts3server links with addbookmark=<label>, request adding new bookmark if the specified label does not yet exist
All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.5. For source downloads please visit our downloads page, or simply use the auto-update feature through your existing client.
TeamSpeak Sponsors Team Curse, A Pro LoL Team!
by Florence on Jan 19, 2012
We are proud to announce that we are now official co-sponsors to Team Curse, a professional League of Legends team! Team Curse will be competing in the Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge tournament in Kiev, Ukraine from Jan 19-22, 2012. If they do well we expect to see them at the Intel Extreme Masters World Championships in Hannover Germany on March 6th 2012! We are excited to have the team represent Curse and TeamSpeak brands in professional tournaments around the globe. We look forward to supporting Team Curse in their efforts to dominate the LoL gaming scene, and in the process, help our communities grow.
Check out the IEM Global Challenge tournament schedule in Kiev at:
Also check out our new Calendar of Events page at:
For more information on Team Curse and their current roster please visit the Team Curse ESL page:
Team Curse's Facebook page:
You can also catch streaming from SYDTKO of Team Curse (usually 7 days per week) at:
We hope you will join us in cheering for Team Curse!
- TeamSpeak Team
Discuss this news post HERE in our forums.